question

anudeep avatar image
anudeep asked

How do I implement a Save/Load file system, using entities ? limit is only 10 files?

So the game I am making lets say, every game mode/level will have it's own save progress i.e so it can be restarted from that instant whenever. However if that game mode/level is played, the save data is over written on it's already existing file otherwise it creates one.
And every other game mode similarly creates a file if it doesn't exist otherwise will overwrite it.

I initially planned on uploading the files onto playfab Entity and load them when I login and use them accordingly. But however, on playfab I have seen it's limited to only 10 files.

How else shall I approach it?

Example : Level 1 creates json file named levelone

Level 2 - leveltwo

Level 3 - levelthree

So upon loading leveltwo, it checks if leveltwo has previously been played to get it's player characteristics. Otherwise it will creat a file.

sdksentitieslimitsdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Entity File is for comparatively large file storage and if the level information is more like JSON, you can use Player Read-Only Data for storage. There is no specific limit on the KVP pairs that a player can have, but the data read/write will be metered.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.