question

Emir Akbay avatar image
Emir Akbay asked

Are we always use Master Player Id for server/admin api requests

When I call a request with azure or unity, I need to fill in a variable named playfabId and there are 2 separate player ids presented to us in playfab: master player id and title player id. Do I need to use the id of the master player in every call where the playfab id is requested and why?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently there are 2 data models in PlayFab. The classic data model is used in Client/Server/Admin API calls, where PlayFab ID is required (master player account ID). In modern data model, which is used by Group/Multiplayer/Entity APIs, title player account ID is required. Usually, it is filled in an Entity Key.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Nagy avatar image
Mark Nagy answered

Hi, in my opinion you should be using TitlePlayerId...

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.