question

Jim Perry avatar image
Jim Perry asked

How to do leaderboards based on multiple values

I've looked for a while but I can't seem to find a way to use the leaderboards functionality to store data based on multiple values.

I have a level based game where I want to store the fastest times through each level. The data would be the level id and time for each entry. It seems the leaderboards functionality only stores a single value for each entry. Am I wrong or is this possible? I can't do a leaderboard for each level since levels can be created by players and I'm hoping there will be hundreds or thousands of them.

Thanks!

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jim Perry avatar image
Jim Perry answered

Thx for the reply @Made Wang No, I don't want dynamic leaderboards. I want one leaderboard with three columns - Player, Level, Time. The leaderboard would be ordered by Level, then Time, with the ability to filter by Level.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

I mean what you probably need is a Dynamic Child Leaderboard, where you can have rank as parent and time as child, and you can add new ranks dynamically. Refer to Leaderboards v2 child leaderboards - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jim Perry avatar image Jim Perry Made Wang commented ·

That looks like it might be what I need. Now I just need to get in the preview. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang Jim Perry commented ·

You can also follow PlayFab Roadmap - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and Microsoft Azure PlayFab Blog for the latest news on updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

According to your description, it seems you want to dynamically add leaderboards on the go, then the current leaderboard cannot meet your requirements. The leaderboard V2 may meet your requirements, you can refer to Introduction to Leaderboards v2 - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more, but currently the leaderboard V2 is in a personal preview state, you can always pay attention to the official blog for the latest updates.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.