question

stephen-osullivan avatar image
stephen-osullivan asked

Is There a List of Conditions That Will Trigger an Email Alert

Hi,

I'm looking for a list of conditions that will trigger an email alert and can't seem to spot it in the documentation. I'd like to ensure that according to a list of KPIs and SLAs that an alert is sent to relevant stakeholders. For example, if average latency falls below a certain threshold or ping is too high.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

If you are talking about alert notifications in Game Manager->Title settings->Email Preferences, then it will be triggered when you exceed Limits. You can check the specific content of the limit in Game Manager->Title settings->Limits. But there is no limit on the delay.

If what you want is notification of server status, then you can subscribe to PlayFab Status.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stephen-osullivan avatar image stephen-osullivan commented ·

Hey @Made Wang

Thanks for the quick response. I' more thinking about actioning alerts for say a particular metric, like a service going down or average rolling latency for the last 15 minutes being over a certain threshold. Do you know if there's anything like this available.

If the only thing we can we can alert on is title limits, is there a way to add custom limits to the title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang stephen-osullivan commented ·

PlayFab doesn't provide an alerting mechanism for specific metrics, and there is no way to add customize limits. Please feel free to submit a feature request if you need it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.