question

Matt avatar image
Matt asked

Is Cloudscript call order guaranteed now?

I recall sometime a year or 2 ago that this was something the team acknowledged and had a backlist to address. Is this still unpredictable or is the call order guaranteed?

In other words...if I make an Azure function call from my client, then make another one (let's say 0.5 seconds later, but I'd like to know if even the same frame would be supported)...can I be sure the first call sent will be processed first?

Thanks for the info!

-Matt

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

As Azure Function's documentation mentioned, "Instances of the Functions host are dynamically added and removed based on the number of incoming events". Since it runs with a variable number of instances, and there is no guarantee that every request from the same user is handled by the same instance, so the order of execution is not guaranteed. However, you can use the Azure function of queue triggered, whose first-in first-out rule can guarantee the order of execution.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.