question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

UWP: Reset Password

Hi there,
I am trying to implement the function to reset the user's password in the game.

Unfortunately the existing posts are not helpful enough. Well, I see you need to execute PlayFabAdmin which appears not to work in the cloudscript. 'Any suggestion to get this done?

And what about the TOKEN? Can anybody give me some color?

Many thanks in advance,

michael

apisCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

You can implement reset password on Azure Function Cloud Script which allows to use admin API. Refer to PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions Quickstart Guide - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to get started. Also, you can implement this feature on the server side.

Regarding Token, you can refer to Using Email Templates to Send an Account Recovery Email - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to send a password reset email to the player using an email template, and the email will automatically generate the required token and attach it to the URL. For example:

https://a5f3.playfabapi.com/EmailConfirmation/Confirm/?token=2346241B7C277796&titleId=A5F3&templateId=38017AAE7F494AB3.
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.