question

everettebraun avatar image
everettebraun asked

Unhealthy server build (Unity)

Hey all, new to PlayFab and it looks great! But I keep trying to get a server build made and it keeps showing "Unhealthy" and I have no idea why. I am following a few tutorials online and doing all the same things they are doing, but my builds never work. Is there any information on why my servers can't be built?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Can you describe the steps you took to build the server, and did you integrate the GSDK for your server?

In addition, you can refer to Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to try local debugging for more information, and you can also provide us with the obtained information for further investigation.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

everettebraun answered

I did way too much in that last project so I started a new project with the sole purpose of getting it to run on PlayFab. Still getting unhealthy status no matter what I try so at least I know its a problem with the basics.

I started a fresh Unity project, added the PlayFab SDK manually (which is at version 2.116.211012 and fails every time I try to update further), added the player settings "ENABLE_PLAYFABSERVER_API", and added a single script that runs the bare minimum code (the coroutine ReadyForPlayers()) and have an empty gameobject in the scene that just has that script. I have the whole project built in Server Mode.

The only things I can think of that aren't allowing it to work is the SDK version isn't the most recent (but every time I try to update it just fails, don't know why the github doesn't have the most recent version) or the path that I am installing the package onto is wrong. I am setting the path to c://Assets/World.exe just like all the tutorials say so I don't think that is the issue. What am I missing?

10 |1200

everettebraun answered

It looks like it may be the missing .dll files that is my initial problem. I'm looking through the documentation on how to check and find the missing ones but the instructions are not super helpful. I have the programs that I need but they don't seem to be operating the way they should be. For instance when I run the dll checker program it runs through tons of lines of code then shuts itself off. I don't ever get the chance to type in commands like the tutorial instructions tell me to. So I am a bit stuck here.

4 comments
10 |1200

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

The UnitySDK.unitypackage on github is not the latest, you can directly copy the source code to get the latest version.

PlayFab sdk and GSDK are not the same thing, and just implementing ReadyForPlayers() is not enough, you can use this example directly or refer to it to improve your own code.

You can first debug locally in process mode, which doesn't require packing dll files. If the process mode test succeeds but the container mode fails then there is a high probability that the dll file is missing.

0 Likes 0 ·
everettebraun avatar image everettebraun Made Wang commented ·

Ah I had forgotten to install the GSDK, so that was one step I was missing. Thanks!

I set up the LocalMultiplayerAgent to see how things are going. Getting a fail so I am hoping I can use that to figure out what is going on. The error I am getting is:

PlayFabLocalMultiplayerAgent[0]

Failed to start process based host with instance number 0. Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.process.StartCore(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at Microsoft.Azure.Gaming.VmAgent.Core.Interfaces.ProcessWrapper.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

and a few more but I figure that should be enough for now haha. Am I implimenting part of the code wrong? Or is this the expected error with missing DLLs?

0 Likes 0 ·
ravarna avatar image ravarna everettebraun commented ·

That could just mean that you are specifying the start command incorrectly or the zipping of the assets might be creating an extra folder in the hierarchy which makes the path that you have provided as the start command invalid. I would expect the local agent to provide the name of the file as well, have you tried verifying that path exists in the extracted folder?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

we recently released this web app to help create the JSON file for LocalMultiplayerAgent - give it a shot to make sure you're configuring everything appropriately. MpsAgent/LocalMultiplayerAgent/SettingsJsonGenerator at main PlayFab/MpsAgent (github.com)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.