question

mhaider avatar image
mhaider asked

PlayFabParty release 1.7.6 missing symbols on Android

I downloaded the latest PlayFabParty library and android library release, version 1.7.6, and I am getting a linker error for several missing symbols:

PartyEndpointSetProperties
PartyEndpointGetProperty
PartyEndpointGetPropertyKeys
PartyDeviceSetProperties
PartyDeviceGetProperty
PartyDeviceGetPropertyKeys
PartyNetworkGetProperty
PartyNetworkGetPropertyKeys
PartyNetworkSetProperties
PartyChatControlSetProperties
PartyChatControlGetProperty
PartyChatControlGetPropertyKeys

It looks like these are referenced in PartyImpl.h, but not in libparty.so

android
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

Are you following the Android getting started to set up the PlayFab Party? May I know in which step did you encounter this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
mhaider avatar image mhaider Gosen Gao commented ·

I encountered it when upgrading to 1.7.6 from 1.7.0. You can see how the headers are 8 months old here.

PlayFabParty/include at v1.7.6 PlayFab/PlayFabParty (github.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
mhaider avatar image
mhaider answered

I followed the getting started. I had a working build with 1.7.0, and updating to 1.7.6 broke the build.
I'm also working on a Windows build, which works with 1.7.6, so I know what the headers are supposed to look like.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alexh avatar image
alexh answered

The same issue here. Have you resolved it, @mhaider ?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.