question

ksanpablo@obsidian.net avatar image
ksanpablo@obsidian.net asked

Grant a character, containing items in it's inventory, to a user ?

Hello, I was wondering how would we be able to have a user buy a character with a preexisting inventory?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

To use GrantCharacterToUser, you specify the Item ID of the item instance which is to be used to create the Character. So if you have an item in your Catalog with an Item ID of "FighterCoin", for instance, the client could call GrantCharacterToUser specifying that Item ID for the Character. The CharacterType in the resulting Character would then be "FighterCoin", so that you know what item was used to create it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ksanpablo@obsidian.net avatar image
ksanpablo@obsidian.net answered

Hi Brendan, thanks for the quick reply. I understand now. I can just GrantCharacterToUser and then immediately add inventory to the character once created. Thanks again!

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Ah, now I see what you mean by preexisting inventory. Yes, you would need to grant inventory to that Character after it has been created in the Player's account.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.