question

gos avatar image
gos asked

Cannot `GetGroup` with special characters / spaces

heya!

we have (successfully created) groups with names like "Artisan's Guild" or "Gargoyle's Den", but requests to the `GetGroup` API with these `GroupName`s return "No group profile found with the name ...".

tried URL-encoding them, using both breaking and non-breaking spaces - nothing helps : [

any tips?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

I have done a quick test with Postman, but it works properly. May I know which SDK you are using so I can do some tests accordingly? It will be better if you can provide a code sample.

0 Likes 0 ·
gos avatar image gos Gosen Gao commented ·

thanks for checking!

i'm testing it via the Postman too.

POST to the `https://*****.playfabapi.com/Group/GetGroup`

with body

```

{ "GroupName": "Artisan" }

```

returns fine

but with

```

{ "GroupName": "Artisan's Guild" }

```

it says

```{ "code": 400, "status": "BadRequest", "error": "ProfileDoesNotExist", "errorCode": 1298, "errorMessage": "No group profile found with the name Artisan's Guild" }

```

even though i clearly see the group on the Groups page in the web UI.

same happens with all the other groups that aren't a single word

-1 Like -1 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao gos commented ·

Since I cannot reproduce this issue in my title, May I know your title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

After doing some tests, I found that the "Space" in your Group name is "%C2%A0", which is quite different from a normal space. It is not just a Non-breaking space(%A0), there is also an invisible %C2, so you cannot use the Group name with a normal space or Non-breaking space to get the group profile. Please identify and replace this "Space" with a normal space when creating a group.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gos avatar image gos commented ·

thank you! : 3

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.