question

Evgeniy avatar image
Evgeniy asked

Link New Account leads to loss accounts in all other games

Guys, what is the strange behavior?

I link Custom ID to an account in one of the games through the Game Manager and after that this Custom ID is unlinked from ALL ACCOUNTS in other titles!

This is a terrible bug! Players who play several of our games lose their accounts.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Login identities are stored in a master player account, which is shared among all titles in a studio. When data in master player accounts changes, it does have an impact on all titles under this studio. If I understand your question clearly and there isn't shared data between titles, you may create titles in different studios so that the phenomenon you have encountered won't happen.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Evgeniy avatar image Evgeniy commented ·

Thanks for the answer!

Now we have quite a few players whose IDs have been lost due to this situation. And they lost access to their accounts. If we try to link identifiers back to old accounts, they get unlinked in other games because new master accounts were created. How can we connect current title accounts in different games to one master account manually?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Evgeniy commented ·

It is not supported, but as a workaround, you can manually migrate player data to the previous accout.

0 Likes 0 ·
Evgeniy avatar image
Evgeniy answered

A little more information on the issue:

If I create accounts using the LoginWithCustomID method from different games but with the same custom id, the accounts are created successfully. But if I try to link this custom id to an account in one of my titles through the Game Manager this affects all accounts in other titles with the same custom id. In those games, this custom id is unlinked. This leads player has no more access to accounts with this id in those titles.

That is, I cannot fully manage accounts from the Game Manager.

Please fix this or point out what I'm doing wrong.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.