question

Niall Muldoon avatar image
Niall Muldoon asked

Restore Purchases on iOS increases Value To Date (VTD) Incorrectly

Hi,

I have recently gotten Restored Purchases on iOS to validate correctly with PlayFab by using the legacy Transaction Receipt as opposed the newer App Receipt (which just doesn't work with PlayFab's receipt validation).

I now have a new issue where restored purchases are increasing a player's VTD when it should be remaining static.

I have attached how the restored purchases show up in PlayStream.

Parsing the receipt that I'm passing to PlayFab shows that it is clearly a Restore Receipt as the "original_transaction_id" and "transaction_id" are different. See attached image.

From Apple's docs on original_transaction_id: "This value is identical to the transaction_id except when the user restores a purchase or renews a subscription"

Our game hasn't gone live yet so we don't need you to roll back VTD on all our players, but I guess this could be affecting all the games on the service so it could really warp the data for live games.

Thank you,

Niall

In-Game Economypricing
gxvri.png (7.5 KiB)
xptxo.png (46.1 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

I am researching.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

This is by design, when a player loses an account, creates a new account and calls RestoreIOSPurchases, the VTD will be added to it at the same time.

Also, as said in this thread, a safer route would be to only sell virtual currencies (a consumable good) in the iTunes store, and then use that VC to make purchases of digital goods via your game's Catalog (using PurchaseItem). And, of course, the best route is always to make sure you can reliably get the player back to their original account on any device by incorporating alternate authentication systems, like Facebook, Twitch, and Google whenever possible.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.