question

chris-haddon avatar image
chris-haddon asked

HttpRequest crash on XSX

Hello,

We are integrating the playfab API into our XSX UE5 game.

The game is crashing when calling LoginWithCustomId(). The crash is occuring because the HttpRequest has a null m_pXHR pointer when trying to open the request. The code is clipped below.

hr = m_pXHR->Open(verb.c_str(),         // HTTP method
        url.c_str(),          // URL string as wchar*
        m_pXHRCallback.Get(), // callback object from a ComPtr<>
        NULL,                 // username
        NULL,                 // password
        NULL,                 // proxy username
        NULL);               // proxy password

I am pretty sure I'm doing some suspicious things compiling the libs. Perhaps you can help point us in the right direction.

I compiled the PlayFab libs using the XPlatCppSdk-3.65.220131 drop.

I used VS2017 to compile the Durango lib.

Two things of note

- I was unable to retarget the XPlatCppSdk solution to VS2019 as the tool chain didn't want retarget properly. I read in your docs that 2017 is required. We are compiling UE5 with VS2019. Have you had success internally retargeting the solution to VS2019?

- We are running on the XSX. The XPlatCppSdk only lists the Durango under the config menu. Your docs mention that the libs should work for XSX. I'm assuming the Durango config is fine here.

Thank you,

-Chris

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chris-haddon avatar image chris-haddon commented ·

I will add a couple of notes:

I was able to retarget the Windows XPlatCppSdk to VS2019. We are using this lib without issue.

Regarding using 2017 to build the XBox sdk, MS seems to think we should be able to use the 2017 tool chain. "Visual Studio 2017, and Visual Studio 2019 are binary-compatible". I am not sure if this applies to XBox :P

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Any questions on NDA products(Xbox) cannot be discussed on public forums. Please submit a support ticket, so we can connect you with an NDA agent who can help you with your question. And if you are a certificated XBOX developer, feel free to find support from your Microsoft Representative or Private developer forum.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.