question

Vladyslav Bohushko avatar image
Vladyslav Bohushko asked

Is Unity WEBGL supported?

The main question is... is Unity Webgl fully supported by Playfab?

I mean: full multiplayer (tournaments, duels, lobbys...), social stuff (chats, friends, guilds, TRADING), leaderbords...

For all that Websockets should be used, thats why I`m asking...

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab is a service based on Restful API, which doesn't depend on any language or platforms. In terms of Multiplayer, I am not sure what is the genre of your project. Real-time Multiplayer requires dedicated server because HTTP requests cannot guarantee immediate responses. You may refer to Multiplayer with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to get started. PlayFab doesn't restrict any transmission protocols and you can implement any networking frameworks for your project. There is an official unity same using Mirror -- GitHub - PlayFab/MpsSamples: Samples that show how to use PlayFab's Gameserver SDK for Multiplayer Servers

However, if it is a near-time or turn-based game, like chess, you may refer to Using Shared Group Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, this can be handled by basic PlayFab features.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.