question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

UpdateDisplayName & Community Sift don't filter profanity from languages beside english

I'm noticing that if I try and Update a display name with a profane name in a language besides English it passes profanity checks.

I have "Any language" settings enabled in the CommunitySift add on but it doesn't seem to be working.

It's also worth mentioning that I am testing languages that CommunitySift says it supports in the link below. For example I tested the "F word" in Portuguese.

* https://www.twohat.com/solutions/language-culture/

I'm wondering what the issue could be. I have posted an image of my Community Sift setting below.

Partner Add-ons
sift-settings.png (192.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Depending on the age setting you configure in Community Sift (kid, teen, or adult), it applies different rules on what can pass their test and what can't. Since the teen level works normally in English, there should be no bug. This may be related to the Portuguese rule of Community Sift. Since this is a function of Community Sift, we cannot provide more details. If you want to know which Portuguese words are banned, you may need to contact Community Sift.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Please navigate to [Game Manager]->[Players]->[A specific player], you can see a Language drop list here. Could you please set language to Portuguese and try again to see if this is the cause? Since English and Portuguese are using the same alphabet, if the language is not indicated, the Community Sift may not recognize it.

4 comments
10 |1200

Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown commented ·

Unfortunately setting the language to Portuguese for a given player still doesn't manage to filter profanity properly :(.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown commented ·

Would really love to get an answer to this one as I'm currently in the process of releasing a leaderboard and I want to make sure my display names are moderated :).

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Thomas Brown commented ·

Could you please try to change the title default language to see if it works? It would be better if you could test a few more words with the level of Kid, since this level has tighter restrictions and translated words may have other meanings in other languages. You can find the title default language at [Game Manager]->[Title settings]->[General].

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown Gosen Gao commented ·

It's actually very strange, when I select it seems to be working just fine. However, when I change to teen, no amount of profanity entered in Portuguese seems to trigger the profanity filter at all.

I've tried almost everything to get the display name discarded, but nothing seems to trip it. Could it be that internally the functionality is only working for the kids selection via some bug?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.