Hello, Thank you for an amazing service!
I think the Azure integration needs some more work and better documentation but it's getting there! :)
I am designing a Turned based wordFeud similar game. It was easier to work with Cloudscript before the Azure Functions as there was more documentation for API and syntax but after a lot of hazel I got it working.
1. When a player starts a new game I put them in a photon room and create a ShardDataGroup with a unique ID.
2. If another player joins the room I close the room and add the player to the shared data.(Azure functions)
3. I keep track of the turn in the Shared Data and let the user with the correct turn modify it.
4. This works fine and they play.
5. A player searches for a new game and a new SharedDataGroup is created.
1. I now read there is a Limit on 10 Shared Group Data per user dose this mean that I can only have ~10 active game at the same time in this setup? I read a lot on this topic and I though with this setup I would be able to have 100 active games but I think I misread it somewhere?
2. I also read you are flexible with a contract around this as it's not a "hard limit" is the pricing for such a setup not worth it? You can send me an email on email@example.com
1. I could skip shared group data all together and just have cloud script writing directly to the users accounts with the data.
2. Have 1 shared group data per user keeping track of open games where I store a playfabID/gameID and when game starts have the cloud script write to the shared data, as I see it the problem here would be Many users could potential write to the Shared Group Data via the cloud script.
Can I have the old cloud script solution open for the title: