question

Chad Reddick avatar image
Chad Reddick asked

[UE4] Cannot get Value Array in TitleData,[UE4] Cannot Get object value in Title Data

Hello!

I'm trying to receive this TitleData:

However, In UE4, I try to do something like this:

and It never retrieves the value of the object. Getting the TitleData Key 'MaxXPLevels' works just fine... just for some reason, I can never get the Array key 'Engineer'

Any lead would be great to get this figured out!

I'm trying to retrieve this Title info

However, When I try to retrieve it like this

It never sees the Field name when trying to retrieve it. When getting the field names of the base Title Data, it does see the MaxXPLevels just fine... Just it will not retrieve the Number Array that is Engineer.

Is there a parsing order that's wrong when retrieving data like this?

Title Dataunreal
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chad Reddick avatar image Chad Reddick commented ·

Ok NOOOOW here are the images

0 Likes 0 ·
uelog.png (228.4 KiB)
value.png (20.6 KiB)

Apologies... The images didn't post but here are the images

-1 Like -1 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, the value of the “MaxXPLevels” is a JSON string that can’t be converted to the JSON object using “As Object” Node. It needs to be decoded to the JSON object using the “Decode JSON” node, and this object should be assigned to a pre-defined JSON object variable. For your case, the blue print used to handle the API result should be something like the following screenshot.

You can also check this URL - https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/kwfzyut1/ to copy the code of the above screenshot, so that you can paste it to your project directly.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ahh this is what I needed! Just didn't know it was something I had to decode (or deserialize for that matter?). Good to know with nested objects as such

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.