question

Ian Underwood avatar image
Ian Underwood asked

Multiplayer Server Host Costs Keep Going Up

Hi, weeks ago I realized I had left the servers for my game running and expenses had gone up to a $160 current cost. I cursed myself and turned off all the servers, and they haven't been on since, but now I have a $337 cost, with no action from me whatsoever? I really want to know why I'm going to be charged so much when the servers aren't even online anymore.

Custom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Please note that the Standby servers will be charged too. To avoid charges, please check all your Multiplayer builds and make sure there are no active and standby servers in any region. You can use API ShutdownMultiplayerServer to shut down the active servers. You can navigate to your title's [Game Manager]->[Multiplayer] page, click your builds, and set the [Target standby] and [Maximum] as both 0, then click the submit to shut down all standby servers.

Here is the Billing for PlayFab Multiplayer Servers 2.0 for your reference.

2.png (20.4 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ian Underwood avatar image Ian Underwood commented ·

That's exactly what I did, and I was still charged an additional $180.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Ian Underwood commented ·

If you already shut down all servers, but you still get charged, you can use Contact Us to submit a billing question for further discussion.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.