question

ruslank191919 avatar image
ruslank191919 asked

Is title Read - Only Player Data good to store tank upgrades?

Hi there, first post so I hope it's fine
I slowly develop a game and want to introduce updrades for tank, and got stuck searching for an optimal way to do this.
I think it would be a good idea to mark each module by unique ID, but I am not sure how and where to store all the unlocked ID's. Is Title Read - only Player Data a good place to store the list of unlocked ID's, or the size limit will be quickly reached? (the data will be updated from a server)
Is it a good idea to store all the currently installed modules ID's in item's custom data?

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

If all the unlocked module IDs you're talking about are constants that are global and don't need to be updated in real time, you could try storing them in Title Data. If an update is required, it should be noted that each update of Title Data will have a delay of up to 15 minutes.

For each player's installed module IDs, they can be stored in each player's Player Data or Read Only Data. Refer to Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more.

Also, you can check some of their limitations in Game Manager->Title settings->Limits.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ruslank191919 avatar image ruslank191919 commented ·

Thank you very much for the clarification, I will try to implement this! I checked the limits, 300kb should be more than enough

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.