question

Rafael Souza avatar image
Rafael Souza asked

How to find player account by it's Facebook id?

Hello there,

I have a player complaining he lost he's account connected to facebook, playfab returns an account not found and my game them prompt him to create a new one, I was able to find his "lost" account by using he's Facebook name wich does not guarantee ownership as ppl can have the same name on Facebook, so how should I confim he's account and track why he's not being able to log in? I know that if you go to (Facebook > Settings > Apps and Websites > Target App) you will find your user id for the game, but I can't find any way of checking it on Playfab side.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you want to retrieve the unique PlayFabIds according to the FacebookIds, you can try to call the Server API GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDs. Then you can retrieve the corresponding player information according to the PlayFabIds. Besides, if you provide the API LoginWithFacebook for players to log the accounts in, this API always will require the players to provide the valid Access Token. If the Access Token expires, the player will need to request a new Access Token again. Otherwise, it may return the "InvalidFacebookToken" error that will cause the failure of the signing in. Please check this thread - https://community.playfab.com/questions/27729/does-linkfacebookaccount-update-the-access-token.html for more information. For your case, you may need to check if the player provided the valid Access Token.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.