question

waltergeisler avatar image
waltergeisler asked

EditorExtensions Git Tags Request Rate Limited Causing 403 Forbidden Spam

I started getting 403 Forbidden in the consolewhen ever I interacted with the EditorExtensions window. After some digging I isolated it to the request below for github tags

https://api.github.com/repos/PlayFab/UnityEditorExtensions/git/refs/tags

When I entered it into my browser it gave me the following json message.

{"message":"API rate limit exceeded for <omitted my IP address>. (But here's the good news: Authenticated requests get a higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.)","documentation_url":"https://docs.github.com/rest/overview/resources-in-the-rest-api#rate-limiting"}

At the time of writing this, the rate limiting has stopped and I no longer get the error, but I thought I would mention this here as I have seen other threads talking about a 403 error but I haven't seen any mention this cause.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

waltergeisler avatar image
waltergeisler answered

I did some additional digging, and I suspect it was because I was very frequently removing and adding the Editor Extensions.

The code that executes the request does so based on a stored time threshold (probably to prevent this very issue). But if you were to delete and let regenerate the `EditorExtensionsPrefsSO` many times I am willing to bet this would happen again.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

What is the specific path of EditorExtensionsPrefsSO you said? I couldn't find it in PlayFabEditorExtensions. If you are talking about PlayFabEditorPrefsSO, I tried to delete and generate repeatedly and did not reproduce your issue.

In addition, it needs to be clarified that PlayFabEdEx is only used to configure PlayFabSDK. If you have already configured SDK, then some issues with PlayFabEdEx will not affect your API calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Thanks for sharing.

I did some tests but couldn't reproduce the problem. If the problem recurs, please provide your version of Unity and PlayFabEdEx and describe the steps to reproduce the problem so we can troubleshoot further.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.