question

Luke Waldner avatar image
Luke Waldner asked

Plans to increase Match Making Teams Player Limit from 32?

I know this question was asked a year ago and I do not see it on your road map anywhere so I figured I would bring it up again here in 2022!

Why is the player limit for matchmaking teams set so low(32)?

I could see it being very beneficial if the limit was raised to 64!

Thanks for your time regardless, lovely service.

Cheers!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, there is still no update of the limitation of the total player number that allowed in the team scenario. If you configure a matchmaking queue with “teams”, such as the example showed in this section - Battle Royale, the maximum match making player size can’t exceed 32. There is no specific ETA. You can try to add a feature request for it to help with the prioritization.

Besides, for clarification, if you configure a matchmaking queue without setting up teams, the maximum total matchmaking size can be less than or equal to 100. So, if you don’t need to use the team rules that listed in this section - Team rule types, as a workaround of your case, you can configure a queue without teams, set the maximum matchmaking size to 64, then divide the players to different teams manually after they are matched.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Luke Waldner avatar image Luke Waldner commented ·

Awesome I did not know about the feature request.

Cheers thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.