question

basionyhossam avatar image
basionyhossam asked

Got Server and Port, but unable to connect or ping to it

Hello everyone,

I was able to deploy a server build to playfab and get it working with Matchmaking. The build status is "deployed", I see the servers running when needed under the server menu, and calling GetMatchResult.ServerDetails returns an Ipaddress with a port.

But for some reason, I can't do anything after that with them. I can't use Mirror to connect to the address and port. And when I ping the address, all the packages are lost. What am I missing?

For anyone wondering, here's the code where I try to connect to the deployed server:

public void ConnectRemoteClient(string InputIPAddress, ushort InputPort) {

//InputIpAddress is Result.ServerDetails.IPV4Address

//InputPort is (ushort)Result.ServerDetails.Ports[0].Num

NetworkManager.singleton.networkAddress = InputIPAddress;

//Tel Transport is a TelepathyTransport component that comes with Mirror

telTransport.port = InputPort;

NetworkManager.singleton.StartClient();

}

unity3dMatchmaking
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Would you check the answers in this thread for troubleshooting? -- Client disconnects after connect (Multiplayer Server) - Playfab Community.

May I know how do you configure those ports and Mirror settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
basionyhossam avatar image basionyhossam Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Currently I have the server port set to "7777", the client port to "56100" (also tried setting to "7777"). I also tried setting the client port to the port that I got using GetMatchResult.serverdetails.

I noticed that when I debug locally using LocalMultiplayerAgent that it gets stuck at the standby phase (doesn't go to Active). But that's odd because I can deploy the server fine without being unhealthy.

I'm using KCP Transport for both now and switched to UDP.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ basionyhossam commented ·

May I ask does switching to UDP solve this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.