question

nachovs91 avatar image
nachovs91 asked

how to storage this types of data (global and specific information)

Hello guys, I am not sure what is the best way to store this type of data or even if this can be done in playfab

I am doing a game where a player can build and improve a city so each building is going to have base stats and each player could have a number of building with another stats

Example:
The blacksmith building has several stats : production, iron consumption , etc ( this stats where should be storage in the title data? , this stats is the same for all the players)

Also each user can have in his city any number of blacksmith building with different data such as lvl or position in the city.

I dont know how this kind of structure should be in Playfab , for me its clear in a regular relational database but not here, any idea?

Player DataTitle Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Title Data is suitable for storing global constants and static data. When modifying Title Data, there will be a delay of up to 15 minutes. If the data you need to store is global and does not need to be modified in real time, then you can store it as a template in Title Data. You can refer to Title Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more.

Regarding the data of each user, you can store them in Player Data. Of course, for security reasons, you can also store these data in Read Only Data, you can refer to Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to understand the difference between them.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.