question

Yusuf Demir avatar image
Yusuf Demir asked

Prevent the Users Unlink Accounts

How can I prevent users unlink accounts from client api? I just want do that by using cloud functions. Briefly, I just want to prevent the UnlinkFacebookAccount, UnlinkGameCenterAccount, UnlinkCustomID etc. apis for client

apisCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, most unlink APIs, such as UnlinkFacebookAccount, UnlinkGameCenterAccount, UnlinkCustomID, only have Client APIs. Only these two APIs - UnlinkPSNAccount, UnlinkXboxAccount have the corresponding Server APIs. And this API - UnlinkServerCustomId can be only accessed by servers. Besides, we don’t support calling the Client APIs on the server-side, such as on CoudScript using Azure Functions. It means you can only block the Client APIs - UnlinkPSNAccount, UnlinkXboxAccount to prevent clients from unlinking PSN and Xbox accounts, then call the Server APIs of them on CoudScript using Azure Functions. Your design don’t apply for other unlink APIs.

If you want to block the corresponding client APIs to prevent clients from unlinking the PSN account and Xbox account from the user’s PlayFab account, you can refer to the documentation - API Access Policy - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to deny the accesses of the Client APIs - UnlinkPSNAccount, UnlinkXboxAccount, so that these two operations can only be accessed by servers. If except for the Server APIs UnlinkPSNAccount and UnlinkXboxAccount, you need the Server APIs to unlink other external accounts, you can try to add a feature request for them.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.