question

weichendigital avatar image
weichendigital asked

Adding Time/Date Based Events in Game,Contest-Like System (Based on Duration)

Hi, I'm relatively new to PlayFab, and I would like to enquire if there's anyway I can do something like this.

Scenario 1: This is a Puzzle Game with Level 1 to 100.

From 1st Jan 2016 (0000 hours) to 7th Jan 2016 (0000 hours), top 10 users with the highest score between level 35 to 50 will receive a reward.

Scenario 2: Same game, with Guild

From 1st Jan 2016 (0000 hours) to 7th Jan 2016 (0000 hours), top 10 guilds with the highest guild points will receive a reward.

I understand we might have to write our own script, but i'm also quite confused with the way PlayFab stores data as I'm able to structure this out in a normal relational database with PHP.

Hi, I'm new to PlayFab and would like to design a system which we can create events and criteria easily.

Example Scenario 1: Puzzle Game have Level 1 to 100.
From 1st May 2016 to 7th May 2016, the top 10 scorers for Level 33 will receive 100 Gold (Virtual Currencies)

The issue here is I'm not sure how do we detect the duration and where do we store the top 10 scorers?

Example Scenario 2: Guild Contests
From 1st May 2016 to 7th May 2016, the top 3 guilds with the highest guild points will receive 100 Gold.

Similar to above issue, but this time round as a Guild in overall.

sdksCloudScript
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

weichendigital avatar image weichendigital commented ·

There seemed to be a bug. My first post was missing, but when I retype everything, it seems to be a duplicate.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan weichendigital commented ·

It's an issue with the way AnswerHub shows the post after the initial post is made. We've reported the issue to them, so hopefully they'll get that fixed soon. In the meantime, please don't worry about the duplicate - we'll get you the info you need.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The main thing you would do is use Title Data to set up the period during which the competition is taking place, and only report statistics through Cloud Script calls, so that you can enforce that period and do cheat checking on the things players are reporting to the script. Once the competition has completed, you'll be able to give prizes to the players via an OnLogin operations currently, and in the near future, you'll be able to trigger a bulk action on a segment of users, which could be all users in the title.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.