question

isaac avatar image
isaac asked

What's the deal with cloud script, the docs don't match game manager at all

I signed up to playfab last Friday, so apologies if this is written somewhere but I've been googling for ages and reading all the docs I can find, but I'm just confused. There's loads of documentation about cloudscript (legacy) which is obviously deprecated stuff that I can't access, and all I can find is stuff talking about Azure, which requires a whole new account elsewhere?!

It says on the playfab front page that it's all you need, but apparently that's not true?

Really confused, thanks in advance for an explanation of what's going on!!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Legacy Cloud Script has been deprecated and it is only accessible to the developers that were using it (have their own customized revisions). All newly created titles or titles that only have default revisions will be unable to access Legacy Cloud Script tab.

You can register a free Azure account and its consumption plan pricing includes a monthly free grant of 1 million requests and 400,000 GB-s of resource consumption per month per subscription in pay-as-you-go pricing across all function apps in that subscription. It is quite sufficient for development and testing. Since we can only help you with technical questions, if you have any other questions on billings, feel free to contact the sales team via Contact us (playfab.com), or directly contact Azure support team, thanks for your understanding.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.