question

ian avatar image
ian asked

Grouping players under 'master' players for analytics

I want to be able to give users a quota, with this quota they can go ahead and create players under their own 'account'. I want them to be able to see activity and analytics of users under their 'account' in a dashboard of some sort. I'm wondering how I'd use PlayFab with this 'model'?

Is it possible to group users or players in this way some how? And would I be able use the APIs to get analytics for just the users in a group? The grouping might be hierarchical only 3 levels deep.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't have a built-in system that matches what you describe, but there's no reason you couldn't use the generic components (data, statistics, events, etc.) to build out the system you describe. To block hackers from bypassing your protections by calling the Client API methods directly, you'd use User Read Only Data and User Internal Data, and leave the statistic update calls set to not allowed by the client. That way, you could gate all that through Cloud Script. It really comes down to how complex of a system you want to build, and how much data it would require. For analytics, if you want the full range of events, you'll want to set up your own S3 bucket so that you can stream all the PlayStream events to it, and then pipe that into Redshift, so that you can query it from there. We can get you the necessary configuration files and info on setting up the job to perform that action.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.