question

Jannick Leismann avatar image
Jannick Leismann asked

Send message to clients (no push notification)

Hi,

is there a way to send a message including json data to all connected clients? So that (for example) a c# callback can listen for it? In addition I know that I can store data in title (which would be good for new clients that get online to check for it) I just want to save calls and not continously check for title data changes.

At a given time at a day i want to start an ingame event and want a message to popup for the players (ingame, not as a push notification).

Greets :)

Title Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, excepting push notifications or emails, PlayFab provides no other solution can be used to send the messages from the PlayFab server-side to clients. And we also don’t provide the long connections. The clients can only call the login API to request a Session Ticket or an Entity Token to access the other client API.

You can store the information you want the clients to know to the Title Data or the Title News. But, as the above answer said, PlayFab only supports sending them using push notification or emails. Or, the players can call the API GetTitleData or GetTitleNews to get the information manually. Please check the documentations Title Data quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, Title News quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn the usage of Title Data and Title News separately.

Currently, if you want to implement the in-game messages, the possible workaround is to use the external Azure Web Services, such as Azure Pub sub, please check the Azure documentation - Azure Web PubSub – WebSocket Web Publishing | Microsoft Azure for more information.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jannick Leismann avatar image Jannick Leismann commented ·

Thanks for the detailed clarification :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.