question

Komodo Legends Developer avatar image
Komodo Legends Developer asked

Can't find another match after disconnecting from previous match

I can't seem to find another match if I disconnected from previous match whether if the clients disconnect themselves from the match or if the server is terminated. I'm using PlayFab and Mirror to create this. The flow of the matchmaking is:
- Both client creates matchmaking ticket

- Matchmaking tickets matched and request a server via GetMatch

- Both client connects to the server, goes to online scene, and start playing

- Both client disconnects via button which calls Mirror's NetworkManager.StopClient or terminate the server via PlayFab Game Manager

- Both client goes to lobby scene

- Both client creates matchmaking ticket again but always stuck at WaitingForMatch

If client disconnect by restarting the program, it can find a match. Any help or suggestion?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Komodo Legends Developer answered

Ok, so I manage to fix this by calling GetEntityToken before creating a matchmaking ticket. I don't know if this is the ideal way to fix this issue but I guess it'll do for now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You will encounter this issue if you selected the Enable server allocation in your Queue, and there is no available server instance when you try to Matchmaking. Because the server instance will be destroyed after the game is over, and it takes a few minutes to start a new server instance. During this time, all MatchmakingTicket will stuck in WaitingForMatch. So please prepare enough Standby servers to ensure that there are server instances available at all times to prevent this issue.

2 comments
10 |1200

Komodo Legends Developer avatar image Komodo Legends Developer commented ·

If the game is waiting for available server, shouldn't the status be WaitingForServer?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Komodo Legends Developer commented ·

I'm sorry for that mistake, you are correct, it should be stuck on WaitingForServer. If the status is stuck on WaitingForMatch, the issue should be related to the created Tickets. Would you please output the GatMatchmakingTicket responses of both players to confirm that the Attributes, Entity and Queuename are correct? Since we don't know the details, it would be better if you can share us the code that interact with the Matchmaking.

0 Likes 0 ·
Komodo Legends Developer answered

So, I tried increasing the standby server amount to 3 and made sure they're ready in the game manager but it still got stuck at WaitingForMatch.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.