question

Mark Whitfield avatar image
Mark Whitfield asked

Approx how long after delete a title as well as all players will it free up the old player email addresses?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Whitfield avatar image Mark Whitfield commented ·

So I deleted the title as well as all players, and started a new title. I'm now getting 'Email address not available' when I try to register players on my new title, so I assume it has not cleared out all the players properly yet?

It's been about 18 hours since I deleted everything, is this expected? Any advice appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

When you delete a title in the Game Manager, you will delete this title and all associated configurations of this title, that including this player’s title_player_accounts under the current title and not including the master_player_accounts. For clarification, the master_player_account is the player account you generate under the game studio that won’t be deleted with the title. And deleting the master_player_account will delete all title_player_accounts of this player.

For your case, you would need to delete the corresponding master_player_account manually and try to register a new account using this email again. if you want to delete the master_player_account for this player, you can log the account in using the API LoginWithEmailAddress to retrieve its PlayFabId and call the Admin API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount to delete it. You can also log this account in to your new title first, then navigate to the title’s [Game Manager]->[Players]->this player’s [Player Overview] page, and click the button [Delete master player] to delete this master player account.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.