question

Kian Cormier avatar image
Kian Cormier asked

,Steam and logging in

So lets say I have a game that's on steam, Nintendo, PS, Xbox and android stores. Do I need to create a different build for each one and change the code to account for the sign in methods or can I have it all in an if and check for what machine it is playing on. (If that makes sense. Let me know if you need more info).

Another thing is if the customer has a account with my game via playfab login how would I connect that to the steam account, so if they owned it on steam how would they link it. Is it as using

LinkSteamAccountRequest request = new LinkSteamAccountRequest();
        PlayFabClientAPI.LinkSteamAccount(request, result => { 
            //Success
        }, error => {
            //Error
        });

Thanks for any help given!

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab have dedicated login methods for different platforms, such as LoginWithApple, LoginWithAndroidDeviceID, LoginWithPSN, LoginWithSteam, etc. A player account can link multiple login identities, which means players can use the same account across any devices. Steam is a platform independent service provider, and it is a good idea to use Steam for playing across devices.

For the client, I don’t think it necessary to have separate builds because features like Platform dependent compilation will help your scripts handle different environments (I assume you are using Unity Engine).

PlayFab doesn’t actively recognize the device from API call and PlayStream Events only record the API that players use.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.