question

duartedd avatar image
duartedd asked

rewarded Ads - limit user

Hello

Thought this was a player hourly/daily limit - it appears that this is not the case - its only 1 total daily impressions across all players? if this is true - any place to limit the player without using another VC which I already have time slot workarounds for a bunch of stuff for?

thank you!

Daniel

REWARD LIMITS

Limit how often this ad placement may be viewed for a reward

Limit to impressions Hourly Every two hours Daily

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

Thanks Sarah - I think you clarified it for me - the issue i was thinking was that the counter for the reset didnt start still the remaining view hit 0 and was 0 when it had a view remaining

i had something like this:
if (AdPlacements[i].PlacementViewsResetMinutes > 0 || AdPlacements[i].PlacementViewsRemaining < 1)

once i understood that the time is reset at midnight utc i removed the placementviewsresetminuts from the check and problem solved.

I guess the first time it gets called is when the placementviewsresetminutes counter gets started or perhaps i lucked out within the 1 minute or something

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

hmm yaa looks like i maxed out my VC allowable count. my only workaround that i can think of is instead - change the plan to daily reset at 5am or something and just call a script that will remove a ADwatched value for all player at that time and set the ADwatched when they watched it.

5 comments
10 |1200

duartedd avatar image duartedd commented ·

Another thing i might be able to use is the lastupdated part of the timestamp you guys set when the user data is saved - what kind of format is this though ? I would need to convert it to something to compare with in javascript

LastUpdated: "2022-01-06T18:46:22.358Z"

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang duartedd commented ·

>> Thought this was a player hourly/daily limit - it appears that this is not the case - its only 1 total daily impressions across all players?

The Rewarded Limits you setup on the [Game Manager]->[Automation]->[Rewarded Ads]->[New/Edit Ad Placement] page is the limit of rewarding frequency of each player. It’s not a global limit that targets to all players. Could you please clarify how you obtain the conclusion that it’s the global limit?

>> Another thing i might be able to use is the lastupdated part of the timestamp you guys set when the user data is saved - what kind of format is this though ?

For clarification, this time “2022-01-06T18:46:22.358Z” is the UTC time and its format is ISO-8601. This format of time can be used to create a Date object in JavaScript. The code could be something like this

const event = new Date('2022-01-06T18:46:22.358Z');

Then you can check the JavaScript documentation - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Date to choose a JavaScript method to retreive the time format you need from this Date object – event.

0 Likes 0 ·
duartedd avatar image duartedd Sarah Zhang commented ·

Thanks got the date stuff figured out and yup exactly what i did - grabbed the timestamp from the userdata lastupdated and chucked it into a date format to turn to milliseconds! -

from my testing and i confirmed with different custom ids logging in with - when i had it set to 1 daily limit - I was getting back the same amount of time to wait for. for the different players (even though the other players did not watch an ad).

I changed my code to workaround this though as i use the saved timestamp and check if a day has past since that timestamp - seems to work without issue for different players now and all that...but ya if its not supposed to be global, it might be a bug? not sure if you can easily test or take a look at the code on your end- or I can try to revert my changes and you can try for yourself on my webpage with a couple custom ids i can give you or something

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.