question

dev onzenga avatar image
dev onzenga asked

Confirmation email on password reset?

I am using password reset. As an added security feature, I want to send the confirmation email to the user (so they can take actions if password was reset by others).

What will be the best way to do this?

Account ManagementCharacter DataContent
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Could you please tell us in which step you want to send the confirmation email?

0 Likes 0 ·
dev onzenga avatar image dev onzenga JayZuo ♦ commented ·

I want to send confirmation email, after users provide us new passwords and our server gets response from ResetPassword Admin API.

0 Likes 0 ·

Just a little more context - we have our own password reset UI (which is what we're using as ConfirmationUrl. I am looking to see if:

* we can embed user id into the confirmationUrl, (so we can send the email from the password reset UI server), or

* listen to an event, say "PASSWORD_CHANGED" and send email to the user.

0 Likes 0 ·

Any update on this?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

So you've already sent a password reset email to the user, and you want to send another email to confirm the action after the user resets the password, right?

It is possible to get the user ID from the confirmation URL, you can get the Token in the URL, call GetPlayerIdFromAuthToken to get the PlayFabId, and then send the email.

It is also possible to listen to events, you can create a Rule, choose the event type of player_completed_password_reset, and then add the action to send the email.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dev onzenga avatar image dev onzenga commented ·

This is precisely what I was looking for. Thanks!

Just to add - I used Rule, but the only caveat was that it will not send the email if the user doesn't have any contact email address (though they do have login email - which `SendPasswordLink` was able to use).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.