question

Benjamin Ikes avatar image
Benjamin Ikes asked

Connecting multiple clients to the same server! ,Connecting multiple clients to one playfab server

Hey, really new to playfab and multiplayer in general! I am making a 1v1 cardgame at the moment and already made a matchmaking for it, so it searches for 2 players matches them and calls for a playfab server! However it seems like the clients both go on different servers and not on the same one as I intendet! Happy for any help and will gladly give more Information if needed :D

Hey really new to Playfab and Multiplayer in general! I am making a 1v 1 cardgame and already made a matchmaking for it so it searches for 2 players then calls for a playfab server! However the clients both go to a different server... With activating only one standby server the other client just doesnt connect to anything at all! Kinda confused on what to do so they both get on the same server! Really thankful for every help I can get! If someone needs more Information I will gladly give it! :)

Custom Game ServersmultiplayerMatchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Benjamin Ikes avatar image Benjamin Ikes commented ·

Oops sorry for double posting wasnt intendet! Seems like the mobile version may have some issues!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Usually, you should select the Enable server allocation in the Matchmaking queue, and then you can get the IP and Ports form the GetMatch result. Do you mean the IP and Ports in the result are different between the matched players?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks alot I will try this later!! Yes exactely the two players get two different IP also It activates two servers so there is no doubt that they get sent on two servers :(

0 Likes 0 ·

Works perfectly fine!!! If anyone reading this has the same problem I am more than happy to help! thank you :D

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.