question

rudyldev avatar image
rudyldev asked

User Creation Workflow and Session Ticket

Hi there, I'm having difficulty identifying which API's I should be using for my player creation workflow. I'm using Unity.

So far, what I have users doing is logging in using a Google Account, and then passing the token from that PlayFab in order to generate a PlayFabId.

So after a user does this, I have the following managed details:

• User ID/PlayFab ID
  • Google ID

Now, I don't see the point in getting a user to create a separate Username and Password since that is managed by Google.

Instead, I would like them to create a Display Name. The API used to do this (to my understanding) is: "UpdateUserTitleDisplayName". From what I've read it uses the user session ticket to identify what user is updated their display name? I'd like to know if this session ticket is the same as the one passed by the LoginWithGoogleAccount API? If so, where do I store this in order to make it accessible by other APIs?

For instance, if I have:

UpdateUserTitleDisplayNameRequest request = new UpdateUserTitleDisplayNameRequest()
	{
		Data = new Dictionary<string, string>(){
			{"DisplayName", entered_name}
		}
	};
How does it know what the user_session_ticket_value is?

I understand that I can design my own POST requests (adding the session ticket to the header) using Unity's WWWForms, but then that would defeat the purpose of using PlatFabs SDK...

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - the Login calls all return a Session Ticket, which is what you use for the other Client API calls. If you're using our SDK, the Session Ticket gets set for you automatically.

I'd recommend having a look at this post for info on our recommended best practices for login: https://playfab.com/first-impressions-count-best-practices-friction-free-player-authentication/

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.