question

Danjel Ricci avatar image
Danjel Ricci asked

Game Manager scheduled tasks not deleting players

I created a Player Segment for players who haven't logged in after a certain date and it reports the expected amount of players. Then when I try to run a Scheduled Task to delete all the players in that segment, it does nothing- when I check the Recent Task Executions list, that task reports 0 affected players and in fact the total number of players in the title is unchanged. I already enabled "Allow server to delete player accounts" if it helps. Am I missing something else?

game managertasksscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

According to your description, I tested these features in my Game Manager, but did not encounter the problem you mentioned.

Can you provide your TitleID, Scheduled Task, Segment and Task Instance Details so that we can troubleshoot?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Danjel Ricci avatar image Danjel Ricci commented ·

ID: 99377
Scheduled Task: "Delete non returning Christmas players"
Segment "Non returning, non Supporter Christmas players"
Task Instance Details ID: 58CFFE90B9063F2A-3

The same Segment now shows 0 players, but I don't see any variation in the player count, as I didn't run the Task again. Also if I modify that segment, it shows 0 players regardless of what I set.

I think it's worth mentioning that the title reached the limit of 100K players for the Development Evaluation plan, but at the moment for me it's impossible to switch to a full plan, so I need to delete lapsed players.

0 Likes 0 ·
Danjel Ricci avatar image Danjel Ricci commented ·

Any news on this? I'd need to fix this asap.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang Danjel Ricci commented ·

You can try to create a new segment and only filter users before 12/26/2021 to see if you can get the users you want. If you only modify the filter, there will be a delay.

Secondly, the premise of filtering statistic in Segment is that the user already has the corresponding value.

It should be noted that you mentioned that you want to delete some inactive users. If deleting a large number of users may cause some costs, please refer to Sudden estimated bill hike after deleting players - Playfab Community.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.