question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Read VC of other players

gtgamestudio
started a topic on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 9:29 AM

My game has a specific feature which requires that players can see the virtual currency of other players. The GetUserCombinedInfo function, however, specifically does not allow that behavior (certain data, including inventory, virtual currency balances, and personally identifying information, may only be retrieved for the locally signed-in user).

It seems like there are many cases in which this could be useful (PvP trading, for example); is it possible I am missing an easy way to retrieve this information? Right now I'm having users maintain a duplicate entry in their public data, but there are drawbacks to that method that will make it untenable in the long run.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 11:39 AM

Correct - certain data is not returned if the user is not the currently signed-in user, to protect that information. Right now, the way to enable this would be to have a simple script in Cloud Script which uses the Server GetUserInventory call to retrieve the info you need.

Brendan

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 11:39 AM

Correct - certain data is not returned if the user is not the currently signed-in user, to protect that information. Right now, the way to enable this would be to have a simple script in Cloud Script which uses the Server GetUserInventory call to retrieve the info you need.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.