question

Sean Murphy avatar image
Sean Murphy asked

Authentication with email and password creating new player in webclient, but silent login connects to already generated profile

I'm using the template code for login and i'm finding if the "remember me" is set to true and it automatically logs in there's no issue, but when i login via email and password manually the playfab user count starts adding extra profiles without data in them.

When i check the induvial players in the web client it shows each one is a unique player however only the original registered player id has email or data, but it does pull the correct information from the server for that player.

When i click remember me, it stops generating new players and starts adding the logins to that specific profile login counts.

I guess i'm confused is to how this works.

• Login with email password manually generates a new player id in playfab webclient
  • Remember me login with email and password keeps old player id in playfab webclient

Both still retrieve correct data

Is this correct or am i missing something?

Authentication
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please provide the specific sample code you used for our reference, so that we can try to reproduce the behaviors you mentioned? Did you follow the template code of this sample - PlayFabSignIn to implement your login logic?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean Murphy avatar image Sean Murphy Sarah Zhang commented ·

Correct, its that code exaclty. I've tested it with the sample project without editing the sample project and had the same result

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Sean Murphy commented ·

Thanks for the clarification, we will test the sample code for troubleshooting.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.