question

Danjel Ricci avatar image
Danjel Ricci asked

Injecting Lifetime Value or Inventory Items from game client

I'm working on a Oculus Quest game and Oculus is still an unsupported payment provider on PlayFab, so looks like there is no way to keep track of players LTV, and as far I understand there is even no way to handle player Inventory without passing through PlayFab Economy.

My question is just as the title. I already know all the issues involved on doing this client side.

In-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The LTV you mentioned is called VTD in Play Fab, and it will only be modified after completing the real money purchase of the payment provider supported by PlayFab. As a workaround, you can create a Statistic to store that value. Whenever the player completes the payment, you can call API Grant Items To User and Update Player Statistics in Azure Functions to handle both LTV and inventory.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.