question

Jad Aboulhosn avatar image
Jad Aboulhosn asked

LoginWithCustomID: This request is not allowed due to API usage limits for the title.

We're looking at an old title we had hosted on PlayFab back in 2018 and are trying to get it working again. Somehow our login requests are failing with /Client/LoginWithCustomID: This request is not allowed due to API usage limits for the title. I looked through our account settings and found that there does not appear to be any API Limit for the free tier besides frequent requests, and up and until 100k unique users. Seeing very few login requests have been issued, what is the reason for the API rejecting the login request?

Thanks!

apislimits
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jad Aboulhosn avatar image Jad Aboulhosn commented ·

Our app title is 5FDF by the way.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Thanks for the clarification for the TitleId. After researching your title, we found the specific error you meet is “DAULimitExceeded”. You can refer to this thread - Login with steam returns "DAULimitExceeded" error,Login with steam return error DAULimitExceeded - Playfab Community to see the possible reasons can cause this error.

According the answer of above thread said, the of the error “DAULimitExceeded” may be caused by the non-paid studio bills or someone in your studio turn on the limit. Could you please check is there any non-paid bill in your studio, and did you receive any notification emails in your studio contact email?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jad Aboulhosn avatar image Jad Aboulhosn commented ·

Thanks for the reply @Sarah Zhang! I can't see any section that described outstanding bills, this title is in Development mode as well. I know that many years back our account was closed because of non-payment (due to the card on file expiring and not being renewed because the game was no longer being actively developed) but as far as I can tell, there are no outstanding charges. I saw the post you linked when I was searching initially, but based on the response, it appears some stuff was done behind the scenes by your team to rectify the issue. Can something similar be done here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Jad Aboulhosn commented ·

Currently, if you meet the non-technical questions, such as the questions about the specific payment, you can submit them on our Contact us page - Contact us (playfab.com). These questions will be routed to our account management teams who will be able to assist you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.