question

shoppertainment avatar image
shoppertainment asked

Unable to get playfab to work with the Unity Editor

Hi,

Im using Unity 5.2.1f1 on windows 7.When I try to login using the playfab ID from the editor, i keep getting "Received HTTP code 408 from proxy after CONNECT". Im able to log in when I upload the apk onto my phone and run it from there. I have turned on TLS v1.2 from my registry as well.

Can some one guide me on how to get this working from the editor?

Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

Hey Nipun,

PlayFabSettings.DeveloperSecretKey is only used by the Server & Admin SDK. What are you attempting to call that would need this information?

Your 408 error suggests that you are behind network settings that are causing a timeout when trying to reach our service. Without more information it will be hard to find the root cause. Post some of the code that you are using to connect from the Editor.

Thanks,

Zac

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shoppertainment avatar image
shoppertainment answered

I have not been able to set the PlayFabSettings.DeveloperSecretKey. The monodevelop editor does now show DeveloperSecretKey in the dropdown list of PlayFabSettins. Could this be the reason?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.