question

Mr hd derevo avatar image
Mr hd derevo asked

Cloudscript revisions

Hello, I would like to get the Revisions tab because there are many guides on it, unlike Azure. My Titleid: 65F04

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Cloud Script Classic is already a legacy feature and is disabled by default for the new title. We cannot re-enable this feature for you unless your title has used Cloud Script Classic and has your own version.

It is recommended that you try to use Azure Functions, refer to PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions Quickstart Guide - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

This isn't an acceptable answer. We too need this back, as we are in the midst of "cloning" an existing games and there was no plan/budget for rewriting our back end! (Dev Title id E0513, and our production title is 5F2DE)

Your own Help Docs link to this, which is all about the previous system: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript/quickstart

Where was the warning and date advising us this feature would get removed? The blog post says "If you're using CloudScript Classic, now is a great time to migrate to CloudScript functions" and nothing about 'Classic' being removed entirely a month and a half later.

Where is the notice in those help docs that the feature is deprecated?

Why doesn't the PlayFab Dashboard display notifications of impending changes, like other web/cloud based services do? ie: When Unity migrated their cloud service from Apple to Windows servers, there was a notice box that appeared at the top of the page every time I logged in, for several months in advance.

I just checked your 'News' (click the Bell icon in Dashboard) and there is nothing mentioned there either. Not cool.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.