question

duartedd avatar image
duartedd asked

Economy UGC and inventory of Characters/players

Hello

I am trying to implement UGC and was wondering when the item is published and the user selects to purchase it - how is the item added into the inventory. I am guessing it is not an iteminstance as with the current Economy...just wondering how that works when i want to send the item to a character or something

thanks!

Daniel

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

Ah okay the guy on the video showing how minecraft did it made it sound like there was a purchase option and such - that is fine. Thanks for the info - sounds like to sum:
UGC can public and users can search UGC right now - Then really there is no way to get that item easily into the player's hand (or skin in minecraft's case). Best bet is to manually do everything

-go through the UGC process

- player can then search for UGC list of items - select the one they want - manually configure a grant token item with custom data and subtractVC...token item has json data which pertains to the UGC object that was selected

Just a note on the new economic system - i hope PF has a good way to transition from the old to the new overtime.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

Yes, there is currently no API to get or grant UGC items, you can follow our blog to understand the development progress.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Regarding when the item will be published on UGC, you can call PlayFabEconomyAPI.GetItemPublishStatus to check the status of the item, refer to User Generated Content (UGC) quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

Regarding the purchase on UGC, there is currently no such function. UGC is built based on the new economic system and does not apply to the existing economic api, and the new economic system is still in the private preview. We have no more information to provide, please pay attention to subsequent updates.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.