question

Samuel Stankiewicz avatar image
Samuel Stankiewicz asked

Pledging custom data to leaderboard

I have a fairly simple leaderboard which simply takes player level and lists it. I want to have the display names posted instead of the player IDs. Is there a way, rather than converting it later, to simply post this display name information to the leaderboard rather than posting an ID then checking its display name or am I confined to posting under a player ID then converting later?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, the player display names are designed to be returned in the result of the API GetLeaderboard, you needn’t retrieve them manually. You can check the API reference - Player Data Management - Get Leaderboard - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Docs, specifically, this section - GetLeaderboardResult to check this.

Could you please provide the detailed development platform and the sample code you used to get the leaderboards for our reference, so that we can help you retrieve the display name from GetLeaberboard results?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.