question

Maarten Braaksma avatar image
Maarten Braaksma asked

PlayFab Rule (com.playfab.player_created) inconsistent

Hi!

So we have a game where we would like to give the player a reward at the start of the game with the help of the Rules Automation page.

We've set up our rule like this:

Event Type: com.playfab.player_created

Actions:

- Type: Grant item

- From catalog: Catalog name

- Item ID: An item bundle

- Quantity: 1

- Type: Grant item

- From catalog: Catalog name

- Item ID: An item

- Quantity: 1

Now the thing is, is that in 66% of all the cases this rule does not do what we want it to do. The PlayFab event doesn't get called at all and thus doesn't grand the items.

Hope someone can help me with this issue!

- Maarten

Player Inventory
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Would you use "player_added_title" event for the trigger? I am not sure of the cause, but player_created only generates when master player account is created. Some APIs like DeletePlayer won't delete a master player account, meanwhile when you use the same identity to create a title player account, this rule won't be triggered.

May I also have your title ID so that I can dig into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Maarten Braaksma avatar image Maarten Braaksma Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hey Seth!

I will try the trigger "player_added_title" from now on. The title ID of the project is 2665.

About removing a player - I've done that directly from the developer dashboard with the "Remove Master Player" button.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Maarten Braaksma commented ·

Granting items when a player profile is initializing may also cause issue. I don't see any suspicious error in your title, please let me know if you still have this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.