question

robotoaster avatar image
robotoaster asked

Developing single player game requiring connection to cloud to verify input

I am building a game that requires connection to a server to ensure to prevent user cheating, which will verify user actions before allowing them to be made, as well as controlling game logic.

I was wondering if this is possible using PlayFab? It seems each VM could have up to 60 servers running at a time, in which case we could have one server handling input from multiple players. Further, we are using Netcode for Unity (updated MLAPI), are there any existing examples on implementing Playfab integration with this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

-> I was wondering if this is possible using PlayFab?

You can implement that with the PlayFab Multiplayer Servers (MPS), MPS is a server hosting service optimized for games, you can implement any function you want in it. As location synchronization and state synchronization are the basic functions of many online games, MPS also support that.

-> It seems each VM could have up to 60 servers running at a time, in which case we could have one server handling input from multiple players.

How many server instances can run on a VM depends on the VM type and server consumption. We are unable to provide an accurate figure, you may need to do some tests to determine the number of server instances.

BTW, MPS is not designed for long-running, It sounds like you want to keep a server instance running as a dedicated server to process input. I would suggest you integrate it into the game server. If I misunderstood, can you provide a detailed scenario so we can provide support for it?

-> Further, we are using Netcode for Unity (updated MLAPI), are there any existing examples on implementing Playfab integration with this?

Currently, we don't have Netcode samples. But we do have Unity Mirror samples. Hope you can find some helpful info there -- Multiplayer Servers samples and resources.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.