question

Jack Stephenson avatar image
Jack Stephenson asked

Logging Telemetry for the Title

I want to log general information regarding a Unity app prior to a user logging in.

I have found

PlayFabEventsAPI.WriteTelemetryEvents

and

PlayFabClientAPI.WritePlayerEvent

But they requre a Player to be logged in.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

If you want to call WritePlayerEvent on the client side, you need to provide a client session ticket, which means you need to log in first. If you want to call WriteTelemetryEvents, you need to provide an Entity session Token, and you cannot call GetEntityToken anonymously on the client side. So, you also need to log in first.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jack Stephenson avatar image
Jack Stephenson answered

So then, is the answer that I need to create a "System Account" and log in as that account if no physical player has logged in?

1 comment
10 |1200

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

What I mean is, if you want to call the two api mentioned above on the client, you must log in. So if you have to collect and upload general information before logging in, you can only implement the required functions by yourself .

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.