question

Diaconescu Cosmin avatar image
Diaconescu Cosmin asked

Cannot update from 2.116 to 2.120 when clicking upgrade button

Hello guys!

Currently I have SDK 2.116 installed on all of my games.

When I click on Upgrade to 2.120, it looks like the sdk is updating, but at the end I still have the upgrade button. I had the same error on 2.118.

I have tried to remove the SDK and install it from the beginning but I still have the Upgrade button available.

Is there a possibility of the version not being overwritten and the SDK is updated?

How to update to the latest version?

unity3dsdks
capture.jpg (70.6 KiB)
capture2.jpg (22.1 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Update:

This issue should be fixed now. Please try again and if there is any issue, please don't hesitate to contact us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our Unity SDK package didn't get updated.

So, when clicking the upgrade button, it will always install the 2.116.211012 version. I've reported this issue to our engineering team.

Currently, as a workaround, please download the source code and copy the files under PlayFabSDK to update the SDK.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

untitled.jpg (179.6 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brandon Lovegrove avatar image Brandon Lovegrove commented ·

Thanks for getting on top of this so quickly! Appreciate all the work you guys do.

0 Likes 0 ·
Diaconescu Cosmin avatar image Diaconescu Cosmin commented ·

Thank you! Please let us know here when the update will be available!

0 Likes 0 ·
Brandon Lovegrove avatar image
Brandon Lovegrove answered

Having the same trouble myself. Even deleting the sdk version and manually upgrading wouldn't do anything (EditorEx. would report 116 installed after purging all playfab related files and importing the latest version 120 downloaded from github)

3 comments
10 |1200

Made Wang avatar image Made Wang commented ·

Try to manually upgrade the SDK without using Playfab Extension.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brandon Lovegrove avatar image Brandon Lovegrove Made Wang commented ·

As I said:

"Even deleting the sdk version and manually upgrading wouldn't do anything"

Doing it via the EditorEx or manually makes no difference (very very strange).
It isn't such a big deal for my current projects but as time goes on I can see this making PlayFab unusable. Fingers crossed a fix can be found before I *do* need to upgrade - can't live without the service these days.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, I have also tried to delete everything and install them manually but the editor is still reporting 116. I found out there are a lot of people with this problem

0 Likes 0 ·
developers avatar image
developers answered

Hi.

The issue remain.

3 comments
10 |1200

Yes, have you found any solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Diaconescu Cosmin commented ·

As a workaround, please download the source code and copy the files under PlayFabSDK into your peoject to update the SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·
Diaconescu Cosmin avatar image Diaconescu Cosmin JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Hello! I saw that yesterday a new release was launched. It this problem fixed now? I have tried it and still not working !

playfab.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
playfab.jpg (27.8 KiB)
jp-2 avatar image
jp-2 answered

Ran into issue with Unity 2020.3.4f1 & PlayFab SDK 2.112.210816.

Manually updated (i.e. Deleted PlayFab Folder & Reimported - Did NOT use PlayFabEditorExtension) to PlayFab SDK 2.146.220816 and rebuilding now.

Issue occurred for us on Playfab SDK 2.112.210816 using Unity 2020.3.4f1.

Manually updated (i.e. Deleted PlayFab Folder and Reimported - Did not using PlayedEditorExtension) to Playfab SDK 2.146.220816.

Attempting to rebuild and check if this solves the issue.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.