question

Brendan Bell avatar image
Brendan Bell asked

hi, I have a game that is a clicker game with a leaderboard, people are editing their scores, im new to cloud script, how would i get the player scores instead of using the api thing?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Anti-cheat is not easy to implement, but first, you should disable the client API’s permission to submit statistics. Simply navigate to [Game Manager] -> [API Features] -> uncheck “Allow client to post player statistics”. Otherwise, modifying API Access policy may also do the job.

The rest of anti-cheat process depends on your game mechanism. For example, you can specify a score range of a level and verify the submitted value. You may also mark the level start time and finished time, to avoid directly submitting a value to your Cloud Script. It will be better to log players’ behavior (game progress in a level) via PlayStream event, and when this player is reported, those events can be the evidence. In terms of reporting system, please refer to my answer in Player reporting system - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.